Teddy, Set, Go!

Friday, July 9, 2010 9:49 AM Posted by Melieter
Teddy is coming! Teddy is coming!

For those that have not had the pleasure of meeting him personally, Teddy is one my dearest friends and soon to be Best Man at our wedding.

When Teddy and I first met, he was still a straight-laced student in the undergraduate business program at the University of Texas, desperately looking to quit school and live out a series of bohemian fantasies. And though I tried talking him out of it, Teddy does what Teddy do, and as often as not, I do too.

Did you know:
  • Teddy is the reason I live in Thailand. Well, he's the reason I first moved to Thailand, without which a return to Thailand would not have been possible. 
  • Teddy is also the reason I ended up in the Virgin Islands. We lived together in a small shack in the woods. We fashioned a shower by putting a water drum with a spigot on the corrugated tin roof. Teddy would use the outhouse for his morning constitutional. Rugged Mountain Man Teddy.
  • Nobody knows that Teddy's real name is Hargis.
  • I once had t-shirts made with Teddy's face on them. For one glorious day, his face could be seen on dozens of chests all around town.
  • Teddy thinks you're sexy. He told me.
  • Teddy and I were once teachers. Teddy and I were once waiters. In that order.
  • Teddy enjoys soup for breakfast. If you catch Teddy in the morning, offer him soup. Then let him go.
Can't wait to see you again good friend. 

1 Response to "Teddy, Set, Go!"

  1. Teddy Vuong Says:

    I do think you're sexy. All of you. Each in your own special way.

Post a Comment